The StanFPV ducts perform much better than the default moulded ducts but problems with them include poor heat stability resulting in warping on hot days and poor durability. This is the second evolution of ducts based on copious testing. Flight feel on this duct is more neutral as if there is no duct, it’s heat stable on planet earth and durability is drastically improved. It’s still a plastic printed product that will break but it’ll definitely hold up to much much more than the StanFPV ducts before breaking. We’re still testing various design features and have found a genuine duct designer at an aerospace design company to help us with some pretty unique designs. Seriously, this person's job is to design ducts only. We’re hopeful for a fruitful future but this situation of ours is surprisingly more challenging than meets the eye.
- Neutral airfoil for more neutral stick and throttle feel
- If the StanFPV ducts are durability 2/10, the Duct 2 is ~6/10
- Brass inserts not required but included and recommended
- ~15.4g per duct without brass inserts
- Designed for a maximum prop tip height of ~20mm
- Very close tolerances. Allow prop to grind itself in place if it scrapes.
- Non-Typical PETG material with specific printer tuning to achieve the product