This motor is unique in a few ways. First off, it’s sporting our new lighter prop shaft design, it’s got a 9x9 M2 mount so it will fit lighter style frames and the overall stator volume is higher than 1605 while weighing much less than it should. This motor is ideal for high powered 3” operation and low weight 4” crafts.
The goal of this motor is maximum power and control for a medium weight 3" quad. A taller stator with taller magnets are used for the high RPM control needed for small 3" props but a wide 16mm diameter with middling 3700kv is used to manage the heat dissipation of the motor in use. This is one of the most genuinely unique and interesting motors we've got in our lineup.
This motor is very powerful and 'notchy'. Please be sure to use a properly applied and appropriately sized capacitor.
- 3” 3S-4S high powered craft with AUW >150g
- 4” 3S with very low load props and under ~250g AUW
- 16mm stator diameter, greater than 5mm stator height
- 9x9mm M2 mounting pattern (not flush mount)
- ~13g with ~70mm length wires
- ~16g with prop adapter, nut and 240mm 24awg wire length
- 0.15mm Kawasaki High performance laminations
- N52SH ARC magnets
- 3mm grade 5 titanium internal shaft
- M3 grade 5 titanium prop shaft with M5 adapter
- 3x6x2.5mm 520zz Japan ISC Custom bearings
- 7075-T6 aluminum casing
- 260℃ enamel coated single wrap oxygen-free copper windings
Love the motors on my 3.5" build, a huge step up in performance and only add 8g over the brotherhobby 1404's I had been using. I've been drilling props out to 3mm to make for more choices in the 3.5" range. The Gemfan's that fit by default are loud and inefficient compared to the Emax 3.5". Luckily drilling them out isn't a big deal and what a great match!