- Translucent grey because it’s closest to 18% grey…
- Med-high speed, great efficiency, good response, good grip, good durability
- Fantastic balance of all performance aspects
- Great for med-high powered acro and racing
- Note that it’s not the most durable prop for racing…
Really great for overall general 5” quad use. High weight won’t perform as well as something that’s around 600g AUW or less.
The 51466 by now is a well known and appreciated prop by the community. It’s distinguishing features include great low AND high speed efficiency, good speed, good response, good grip and good durability. This combination of features should not be possible but somehow Gemfan has made it so. It’s definitely not the most durable prop at just 4.1g each but this is also what gives it great response. There are still faster, more responsive or otherwise better props at any one feature but this prop does everything well and happens to have excellent high speed efficiency at the same time.
At this point, this is among our favorite props for 5” in either racing or freestyle. The Nazgul 5140 comes next with it’s improved low speed control, then the S4 with higher response but less efficiency. All in all, these props are well worth your time to try out and see which you like more for any given quad.