This is the updated version of the popular Glide frame fabricated in high quality materials. This product is quality controlled by the designer himself, KababFPV. This is the ONLY place to get the most up to date version in these materials.
- Fits 5.1” props
- Frame weight including hardware and FPV cam mount: 97.3g (weight will go up by ~4g in the future due to adding back the 19x19 motor mount pattern)
- Premium materials with chamfers on all parts
- True X layout with option of dead cat arms
- One central 30x30/20x20 mounting platform flanked by two 20x20 platforms all accessible at all times with no interference.
- None of the stack screws touch any arm parts. No arm/stack integration.
- Two screws per independent arm with bracing against other arms. Easy swaps and secure fit.
- 23mm standoffs
- Motor bumpers on arms really do save motors from damage.
- GoPro mount platform compatible with previous FlosStyle and Flowride mounts.
- 12.9 hardness steel gold screws and steel press-nuts because ain't nobody got time for stripped aluminum.
- Micro sized FPV cameras ONLY. Mini cameras will NOT fit. Nano fits with adapter that usually comes with the camera
- Dead Cat arms available to be purchased separate
Please thread your central stack screws before assembling the arm and lower plate complex. Also, carbon compresses over time. The arm/lower plate complex is very tight the first time you put the frame together. each successive time it will not be that tight.
The Glide Floss is built to work for you. While it comes in nicer carbon with pretty finishes, its focus is convenience and compatibility rather than aesthetics. The option of dead cat arms is directed at those needing a workhorse for FPV videography and absolutely must get their props out of view with low GoPro tilt. The arms are also easy to swap so you can go back and forth. A slightly longer body compared to the Flowride and FlosStyle ease the fit of a GoPro and various sized batteries on top along with allowing for an additional 20x20 mounting platform in front right behind the FPV camera. The 23mm standoffs are specifically measured to fit the Micro Eagle camera better than 20mm while keeping the Z axis balance in check. Only micro sized FPV cameras will fit. Mini FPV cameras will NOT fit. Nano will fit with the adapter that nano cams usually come with.
With all the convenience built in, this frame does weigh in at around 104g so it's no longer in the light weight category. Take caution when adding various extraneous parts to your build. Weight adds up quickly and is enemy #1 for flight performance. You don't really need that Vtx antenna mount or those TPU shoes. The 20x20 mounting platform in front is primarily intended for your flight controller. This is due to the heaps of various types of noise radiating from your ESC, power lines, vtx and most importantly, the Crossfire receiver. Telemetry left on with Crossfire will disturb your OSD chip and camera. It's recommended that your Crossfire Rx be moved to the rear while the camera and FC stay up front. The first time you put this frame together it will be a very tight fit. It will seem like the holes are off, they're not. Carbon compresses over time. This is why arms tend to wiggle more and more over time on a frame. The first time this frame will fit tight but if you swap an arm after, it will go in without much force or issue. These overly tight tolerances keep the structure solid over time. Also, if your frame doesn't feel rigid, please tighten your screws.
- No more than 650g AUW for 5". Sub 610g AUW ideal.
- 2207, 2306, 2208 motors in ~1800kv.
- Sub 190g battery, ideally 175g. 4S-6S
- Sub 4.1g 5" or 5.1" prop
- Micro Eagle FPV cam
- any 20x20 FC
- 1000uf 35v Cap with a Wafl Cap Cap
- Please use blue loctite for inner arm mount screws...unless you're lazy like us. Then just know that they may come loose over many flights.
Note: minor issue with this batch - one set of arm screws don't quite thread the entire pressnut.
Glide floss is not really the best floss for your teeth, it just fit the naming scheme well. It's made of a very slippery material that may fit between teeth easily but also slips over plaque easily. While it may be the only floss people with braces can use effectively, Reach Dentotape is far superior floss. It's double wide and braided so it will gently scrub the sides of your teeth and gums clean. Please floss at least once a day and stay away from products containing high fructose corn syrup.
When the Glide frames are not in stock I go through the same old pointless exercise of searching the net for a lightweight freestyle frame, I know I will not find a frame with all the things I like but as long as it is light then it will do until I can get a Glide. The problem is I never find a frame that is light enough. Weight is so important to me, I'm amazed that no other manufacturer makes a light freestyle frame. I have very light race frames but finding GoPro mounts for them is often a problem. The Glide is a great frame, any version, they are all as lightweight as you can get in a freestyle frame.
I have been using the Armattan Chameleon Ti 5” for a while now and I have always had weird vibes and dirty gyro signals. I swapped everything over to this Glide frame.... OMG I have never had a better flying Quad. The build and tolerance of the fit on this frame are nearly flawless/perfect and made tuning so simple. I will be buying another one of these frames for future builds. Great job guys.
Originally I purchased the Hammer frame to learn and get comfortable. As I have gain confidence, I decided to order the original frame because its a little bit lighter than the hammer. Both have been great frames and I love them. I would recommend this frame to anyone. I have yet to break anything yet. Premium build quality and materials. Thanks Bob!
Mant people are quick to reccomend an alien, or something by CMW. But the glide, not only cheaper, is still an amazing frame. Actual thought went into the design, and it shows. Very stiff, a lot of build room, lightweight, everything you would want in a freestyle frame. Will buy again.
it just work