This is the updated version of the popular Glide frame fabricated in high quality materials with chamfers and gold hardware. This product is quality controlled by the designer himself, KababFPV. This is the ONLY place to get the most up to date version in premium materials.
- Fits 5.1” props
- Frame weight including hardware and FPV cam mount: 97.3g
- Premium materials with chamfers on all parts
- True X layout with option of dead cat arms
- One central 30x30/20x20 mounting platform flanked by two 20x20 platforms all accessible at all times with no interference.
- None of the stack screws touch any arm parts. No arm/stack integration.
- Two screws per independent arm with bracing against other arms. Easy swaps and secure fit.
- 23mm standoffs
- Motor bumpers on arms really do save motors from damage.
- GoPro mount platform compatible with previous FlosStyle and Flowride mounts.
- 12.9 hardness steel gold screws and steel press-nuts because ain't nobody got time for stripped aluminum.
- Micro sized FPV cameras ONLY. Mini cameras will NOT fit. Nano fits with adapter that usually comes with the camera
- Dead Cat arms available to be purchased separate
Please thread your central stack screws before assembling the arm and lower plate complex. Also, carbon compresses over time. The arm/lower plate complex is very tight the first time you put the frame together. each successive time it will not be that tight.
The Glide Floss is built to work for you. While it comes in nicer carbon with pretty finishes, its focus is convenience and compatibility rather than aesthetics. The option of dead cat arms is directed at those needing a workhorse for FPV videography and absolutely must get their props out of view with low GoPro tilt. The arms are also easy to swap so you can go back and forth. A slightly longer body compared to the Flowride and FlosStyle ease the fit of a GoPro and various sized batteries on top along with allowing for an additional 20x20 mounting platform in front right behind the FPV camera. The 23mm standoffs are specifically measured to fit the Micro Eagle camera better than 20mm while keeping the Z axis balance in check. Only micro sized FPV cameras will fit. Mini FPV cameras will NOT fit. Nano will fit with the adapter that nano cams usually come with.
With all the convenience built in, this frame does weigh in at around 104g so it's no longer in the light weight category. Take caution when adding various extraneous parts to your build. Weight adds up quickly and is enemy #1 for flight performance. You don't really need that Vtx antenna mount or those TPU shoes. The 20x20 mounting platform in front is primarily intended for your flight controller. This is due to the heaps of various types of noise radiating from your ESC, power lines, vtx and most importantly, the Crossfire receiver. Telemetry left on with Crossfire will disturb your OSD chip and camera. It's recommended that your Crossfire Rx be moved to the rear while the camera and FC stay up front. The first time you put this frame together it will be a very tight fit. It will seem like the holes are off, they're not. Carbon compresses over time. This is why arms tend to wiggle more and more over time on a frame. The first time this frame will fit tight but if you swap an arm after, it will go in without much force or issue. These overly tight tolerances keep the structure solid over time. Also, if your frame doesn't feel rigid, please tighten your screws.
- No more than 650g AUW for 5". Sub 610g AUW ideal.
- 2207, 2306, 2208 motors in ~1800kv.
- Sub 190g battery, ideally 175g. 4S-6S
- Sub 4.1g 5" or 5.1" prop
- Micro Eagle FPV cam
- any 20x20 FC
- 1000uf 35v Cap with a Wafl Cap Cap
- Please use blue loctite for inner arm mount screws...unless you're lazy like us. Then just know that they may come loose over many flights.
Note: minor issue with this batch - one set of arm screws don't quite thread the entire pressnut.