This is the updated version of the popular Glide frame fabricated in high quality materials. This product is quality controlled by the designer himself, KababFPV.
Good quality drivers or otherwise drivers that will not strip or deform such as those made by MIP are STRONGLY encouraged. Some of the arm mounting holes may be a bit tight. You may need to thread a screw through the hole before mounting it or run a 3mm drill bit through it. Everyone loves tight tolerances but the manufacturer is a bit overzealous about it. It’s being managed from batch to batch.
The Glide is manufactured with 2mm body plates and 5mm arms. The Glide Lite uses 1.5mm body plates and 4.5mm arms while the Hammer version uses 3mm body plates and 6mm arms. The Glide is ~99g while the lite is ~85 and the Hammer is ~130g. The lite version is recommended for those looking for a lighter build with sub 29g motors and smaller electronics. The Hammer version is intended to be a super basher but it’s pretty extreme. The base Glide is recommended for the vast majority of builds.
- Fits 5.1” props
- Motor mount pattern: 16x16 and 19x19
- Frame weight fully built with FPV cam mount: ~99g, ~86g lite, ~130g Hammer
- Premium materials
- True X layout with option of dead cat arms
- One central 30x30/20x20 mounting platform flanked by two 20x20 platforms all accessible at all times with no interference.
- No stack screws touch any arm parts. No arm/stack integration.
- Two screws per independent arm with bracing against other arms. Easy swaps and secure fit.
- 23mm standoffs (fits vista with low cam tilt, 25mm recommended for DJI standard cam)
- Motor bumpers on arms really do save motors from damage.
- GoPro mount platform compatible with legacy FlosStyle and Flowride mounts.
- 12.9 hardness steel screws and steel press-nuts because ain't nobody got time for stripped aluminum. (switched back to black because it’s stronger)
- Micro and Nano sized FPV camera spacing (20mm wide or narrower)
- Dead Cat arms available to be purchased separate
Please thread your central stack screws before assembling the arm and lower plate complex. Also, carbon compresses over time. The arm/lower plate complex is very tight the first time you put the frame together. each successive time it will not be that tight.
The Glide Floss is built to work for you. While it comes in nicer carbon with pretty finishes, its focus is convenience and compatibility rather than aesthetics. The option of dead cat arms is directed at those needing a workhorse for FPV videography and absolutely must get their props out of view with low GoPro tilt. The arms are also easy to swap so you can go back and forth. This design comes from the legacy of Hyperlite and Floss frames with optimizations over all freestyle frames in the series before it. If you’re running a Flowride or FlosStyle, we know you love them but overall this design is better balanced, easier to build and maintain, stronger and comes in better carbon.
Weight adds up quickly and is enemy #1 for flight performance. You don't really need that giant Vtx antenna mount or those thicc TPU shoes. The 20x20 mounting platform in front is primarily intended for your flight controller. This is due to the heaps of various types of noise radiating from your ESC, power lines, vtx and most importantly, the Crossfire receiver. Telemetry left on with Crossfire will disturb your OSD chip and camera. It's recommended that your Crossfire Rx be moved to the rear while the camera and FC stay up front. The first time you put this frame together it will be very tight. It will seem like the holes are off, they're not. Carbon compresses over time and this design will compress to normal rather than loose which causes arm wiggle. If your frame doesn't feel rigid after a while, please tighten your screws. They too come loose over time.
- Recommend 650g AUW or below for 5". Sub 610g AUW is ideal.
- 2207, 2306, 2208, 2306.5, 2307, 2407, 2305 motors in ~1800kv 6S or ~2500kv 4S.
- Recommend motor weight under 35g
- Sub 200g battery 4S-6S
- Sub 4.3g 5" or 5.1" prop
- Any 20x20 FC
- WaFl premade cap
- Please use blue loctite for inner arm mount screws...unless you're lazy like us. Then just know that they may come loose over many flights.
Further recommendations about teeth:
Glide floss is not really the best floss for your teeth, it just fit the naming scheme well. It's made of a very slippery material that may fit between teeth easily but also slips over plaque easily. While it may be the only floss people with braces can use effectively, Reach Dentotape is far superior floss. It's double wide and braided so it will gently scrub the sides of your teeth and gums clean. Please floss at least once a day and stay away from products containing high fructose corn syrup.
Love this frame! It’s the perfect mix of intelligent ingenuity and simplify.
Got it pretty quickly...build isn't complete yet....still waiting in my camera
This frame rocks. I built mine with parts from my old rotor riot cl1 build. I managed to shave off almost 70 grams, so much that it's messing up my throttle management. Initially I was concerned about durability, but that's turning out to not be an issue. I've ran this frame into the ground, dropped it from 70+ feet out of trees, and had a nasty run in with a chain link fence. The only thing I could complain about is that there is not a very good spot to put the vtx antenna.
The absolute best 5" frame.