If being used on a TP3 frame or other skinny arm frame, consider reducing ramp up/start up power by a notch or two from default. Strongly recommend turning on the D notch filter in any flight code you're running. Consider reducing PID's a bit from default and increasing TPA. The cross braces for the TP3 arms will allow you to reduce filters and achieve higher tuned control performance if you're searching for it.
This video may be helpful:
Extended use cases:
- 3" with 4S is fine but tuning will be a PITA. See tuning tips.
- 4" (4023 twin blade) with 2S or 3S is okay but again, difficult to tune.
Checkout the TP3 blog for more details
Please be careful tightening mounting screws. These motors are tiny. You can strip the screw channel if you over tighten them. Consider some locktite if you're worried.
- ~6.0g with long, ~85mm wires
- Mounting: 9mm diameter, 4 hole, M2
- 27awg silicone motor wire
- 2mm press fit prop shaft that’s 5mm tall
- 2mm internal shaft all the way through
- T-mount prop mounting also
- 5mm size bearings
- C-clip bell bottom and no C-clip n top
- 0.15mm laminations
- 7075 aluminum
- Single piece bell design
- 1x motor
- 2x 8mm screws for T mount props
- 4x 5mm screws
- Low load 3” prop: Gemfan 3016 highly recommended
- Recommended all up weight (including 3S battery): 88-109g
- The same 3S setup works fantastic with 2S 450mah batteries too
3S 3” Drivetrain:
Using these on a 2s tp3 frame. They have so much power and efficiency. Get around 5mins hard flighttime on a 550mah gnb.
I’ve probably gone through 50 of these motors on my TP3. They work very well.
A couple of issues that araise after a lot of use is that the propshaft gets loose and detaches from the bell, making it impossible to take the prop off.
I’ve also had a motor wire detach from the stator copper wire ONCE , nothing major.
I suggest ordering a couple of additional motors as the do wear out with time.
Highly suggested product. Great design from Bob, as usual.
The best for ultralight power! So good I have 2 quads built the same !
just get a drill bit kit and you can press fit any propeller
FPVCycle 13mm 5000kv, 6350kv Motor - 2mm prop shaft