If being used on a TP3 frame or other skinny arm frame, consider reducing ramp up/start up power by a notch or two from default. Strongly recommend turning on the D notch filter in any flight code you're running. Consider reducing PID's a bit from default and increasing TPA. The cross braces for the TP3 arms will allow you to reduce filters and achieve higher tuned control performance if you're searching for it.
This video may be helpful:
Extended use cases:
- 3" with 4S is fine but tuning will be a PITA. See tuning tips.
- 4" (4023 twin blade) with 2S or 3S is okay but again, difficult to tune.
Checkout the TP3 blog for more details
Please be careful tightening mounting screws. These motors are tiny. You can strip the screw channel if you over tighten them. Consider some locktite if you're worried.
- ~6.0g with long, ~85mm wires
- Mounting: 9mm diameter, 4 hole, M2
- 27awg silicone motor wire
- 2mm press fit prop shaft that’s 5mm tall
- 2mm internal shaft all the way through
- T-mount prop mounting also
- 5mm size bearings
- C-clip bell bottom and no C-clip n top
- 0.15mm laminations
- 7075 aluminum
- Single piece bell design
- 1x motor
- 2x 8mm screws for T mount props
- 4x 5mm screws
- Low load 3” prop: Gemfan 3016 highly recommended
- Recommended all up weight (including 3S battery): 88-109g
- The same 3S setup works fantastic with 2S 450mah batteries too
3S 3” Drivetrain:
I like it little different from old ones
powerful, yet quiet and smooth
PERFECT MOTOR FOR DJI HD TP3 . GOBS OF POWER . RUNNING ON 3S 550 95 C BATTERIES . YOU WILL LOVE THEM
Bought both kv's!!! These motors are so smooth!!! Just built tp3 2s 25a mamba aio gemfan 3016 Caddx ant 3.4 micro camera .. thing Flys awesome 👌 #cyclefpv #functiongameonpoint #thatswhatsup #fpvforlife #quadcopter
I made a review about this motor giving it 5 stars and recommending it after flying 2 flights with it. Well on the next flight one of my motors died. I was doing some flips and realized I was going to crash and I wouldn’t be able to recover so I unarmed my quad and I when I tried to take off again my 4th motor won’t spin and it’s not my esc. Giving it two stars to adjust my 5 star review. If they keep dying this easily I’ll be switching them out and going with a different motor on my 3s toothpick.