If being used on a TP3 frame or other skinny arm frame, consider reducing ramp up/start up power by a notch or two from default. Strongly recommend turning on the D notch filter in any flight code you're running. Consider reducing PID's a bit from default and increasing TPA. The cross braces for the TP3 arms will allow you to reduce filters and achieve higher tuned control performance if you're searching for it.
This video may be helpful:
Extended use cases:
- 3" with 4S is fine but tuning will be a PITA. See tuning tips.
- 4" (4023 twin blade) with 2S or 3S is okay but again, difficult to tune.
Checkout the TP3 blog for more details
Please be careful tightening mounting screws. These motors are tiny. You can strip the screw channel if you over tighten them. Consider some locktite if you're worried.
- ~6.0g with long, ~85mm wires
- Mounting: 9mm diameter, 4 hole, M2
- 27awg silicone motor wire
- 2mm press fit prop shaft that’s 5mm tall
- 2mm internal shaft all the way through
- T-mount prop mounting also
- 5mm size bearings
- C-clip bell bottom and no C-clip n top
- 0.15mm laminations
- 7075 aluminum
- Single piece bell design
- 1x motor
- 2x 8mm screws for T mount props
- 4x 5mm screws
- Low load 3” prop: Gemfan 3016 highly recommended
- Recommended all up weight (including 3S battery): 88-109g
- The same 3S setup works fantastic with 2S 450mah batteries too
3S 3” Drivetrain:
Its a subjective impression but I feel thees are slightly more powerfull than the previous greenish ones. Super happy as always!
JUST SWITCHED FROM THE TURQUOISE/BLUE MOTORS TO THE WHITE MOTORS AND I LOVE THEM . IT GIVES ME THE ADDED PUNCH I NEED FLYING THE DJI CADDX VISTA VERSION THAT I FLY .
I greatly prefer how Gemfan 3028s fly over the 3016s or 3018s on my tadpole build, 2mm won't allow you to run these however, so in the end it doesn't matter how good these motors are.
Perfect motors for even a slightly heavy build like mine. Pairs really well with the Gemfan 3018s and flys great with a 450 3s up to a 720 3s.