Big fat note: These motors come with 3mm mounting screws which are ideal for mounting to 2mm frames. If you are mounting to a 1.5mm frame, BE CAREFUL not to jam the screw into the windings.
Safe, quiet, easy, fun.
This is the allure of small light weight crafts. We've worked extremely hard to optimize and refine the performance from the light 3" 1S and 2S platforms however these motors can be used for any multitude of small low weight crafts.
One thing to note is that this motor has a 2mm prop shaft. We highly recommend the Gemfan 3018 for this motor which also has the 2mm press fit prop shaft. While the motor still has T-mount screw holes, only using the 2mm press fit has been shown to actually increase thrust and improve prop response. If you'd like to use props that are 1.5mm press fit, use a prop hole drill kit to drill a straight hole and avoid a wobbly prop that will cause vibrations.
- 11,400kv 1S with Gemfan 3018 prop at <64g AUW
- 11,400kv 2S with a ~1.5-2" prop (note 2mm prop shaft)
- ~4.5g with ~40mm wires
- ~5.6g with ~190mm wires
- ~42mm wires pre-sized for BabyTooth build
- Mounting: 9mm diameter, 4 hole, M2
- 27awg silicone motor wire
- 2mm press fit prop shaft that’s 5mm tall
- 2mm internal shaft all the way through
- T-mount prop mounting also
- 5mm size bearings
- C-clip bell bottom and no C-clip on top
- 0.15mm laminations
- 7075 aluminum
- Single piece bell
- 1 motor
- 2x 8mm screws for T mount props
- 4x 3mm screws for mounting motors to 2mm thick carbon frames
- Low load 3” prop: Gemfan 3018 highly recommended
- Recommended all up weight (including 1S battery): 49-56g
1S 3” Drivetrain:
- FPVCycle Light 13mm 1S-2S Motor- 2mm prop shaft
- Gemfan 3018x3 2mm press fit
- 1S AIO board
- GNB 1S LiPo Battery 500mah XT30
The Rationale Behind the 2mm Prop Shaft:
Previously, prop shafts meant for press fit props existed in just about every denomination from .8mm through 1.7mm. When we started flying Toothpick class quads that had lots more power/speed than typical micros, we started sheering prop shafts when using press fit props. We absolutely hate the annoyance and weight of the T mount screw mechanism so we just upped the shaft diameter to 2mm and made our new prop fit that. This 2mm shaft is not only stronger, but it also provides more gripping surface area for the prop so it’s more secure as well. Props with the 2mm center press fit hole are backwards compatible on 1.5mm and smaller shafts with the T mount screws.
They are wonderful, super Performance and super light.
These motors are great when they don’t arrive with a bad motor bearing. One of the four I got had bad vibrations and noise from a bad bearing, and after receiving a replacement, a second one went bad as well, having never crashed before.
Really nice motors. The construction, and materials seem good quality. Working well for me so far. I use them on a baby tooth. I like them well enough I am going to try other kv’s as well.
Had 200 flights on these bad boys so far and by far the best motors I have used for a babytooth 1s build with 3inch 3018 bi blade props. Much improved throttle resolution and feel in the lower half of the throttle range without sacrificing the top end.
Here is a video of the flight using these, you can be the judge.